Saturday, June 23, 2012

Out Of The Dust



Dust covers, stifles and chokes. Have you ever felt like you were being suffocated by the dust of the world that swirls all around you? I was lately. God led me to the 52 chapter of Isaiah. It offers such a beautiful picture of redemption from the dust and bondage of sin.

Isaiah 52:1-3

Awake, awake!
Put on your strength O Zion
Put on your beautiful garments,
O' Jerusalem, the holy city!
For the uncircumcised and the unclean
Shall no longer come to you.
Shake yourself from the dust, arise!
Sit down, O Jerusalem!
Loose yourself from the bonds of your neck,
O captive daughter of Zion
For thus says the Lord:
You sold yourselves for nothing
And you shall be redeemed without money.

I found precious promises of hope in these verses. How easily the dust and grim of the world infiltrates my air and threatens to choke my spiritual life. Sometimes my eyes are opened to realize I am a "captive daughter" in tatter clothes. Here, there is a call to shake off the dust, break the bonds and be a daughter (or son) of freedom! There is a sense of triumph and victory in it's words, almost as if epic music should be playing in the background as God's voice thunders "AWAKE, AWAKE"! What a high and holy calling! Who could turn away from such an offer?


No comments: