Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring in Tennessee


Isn't it true that you don't know what you have until you are without it? This time last year I was in a dry, hot, sandy place that never has a Spring. April has always meant flowers, spring peepers and green...everywhere! An April of scorching heat and sun-baked sand just didn't seem right. It was then, as I sweltered in the African sun, that I promised myself I would never take Spring for granted.

All through the winter months I waiting, rather impatiently, for the first sign of Spring. Now Spring is here in full force and I still feel like pinching myself every time I walk out into my yard, wriggle my toes in the soft grass or get a whiff of honeysuckle!

Just last evening I was wandering around my garden, pinching off a lavender leaf to smell, tasting the chocolate mint and admiring our bed of white iris's. Everything was wet from a recent rain. There were clouds in the sky (which always makes me happy) and Willow was racing in circles like puppies are suppose to.

It was one of those moments when you're "pretty nearly perfectly happy" and feel incredibly grateful to be alive! What is even better is its only going to get better...we've got an eternity of Heaven and a recreated world to look forward to! It will make the beauty we've seen on this earth seem like nothing! I can hardly wait!

No comments: