Sunday, November 30, 2014

As Long As You're Glorified



Health challenges and unanswered questions have been circling me lately. How quickly you feel your own frailty and humanity when health and energy are no longer at your beck and call. It is a helpless feeling to be praying for healing and yet acknowledging that God may not choose to answer in the way you would want. While discussing this with God today, the words to this song came to mind. Never had they been more meaningful.

Ultimately, what I long for is that God's will be done in and through my life. I have nothing to fear as long as I abide in His love. Let health or illness come, joy or sorrow, sun or rain...as long as He is glorified.

You cannot control what happens. Whether your life seems charmed or tragic, you are not forsaken. God is still at work. Whether you receive the best news or the most horrifying, He is still holding you. May these words soothe your soul like they have soothed mine.

As Long As You're Glorified

"Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain?
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain?
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought?
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt?

chorus
Oh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long
As You are glorified

Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled?
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well?
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night."

- Sovereign Grace Praise

No comments: